Confession: I never ate brussel sprouts until about 5 years ago. I didn't even know they existed until I went to college, but I managed to avoid them for years and years after that. I finally had them during my "eat appetizers as my meal" dinners at Bandera on Michigan Ave in Chicago, and I LOVED them. Since then, I've been wanted to make them, but I was kind of scared of them. Last night, I decided to conquer that fear and make them.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
1 lb of brussel sprouts
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp honey
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Peel the outer layer off of the brussel sprouts
2. Cut the ends off the brussel sprouts and cut them in half
3. Mix the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small bowl
4. Combine the brussel sprouts, balsamic vinegar/honey mixture, and olive oil in a medium size bowl
5. Arrange the brussel sprouts on a baking sheet
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the brussel sprouts
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425°
I added grape tomatoes, because I like roasting tomatoes in the oven, but it's not necessary. Serve with a breast of chicken, which I'll share the perfect way to cook them in another post.